In the transition towards a new energy system, based on minimal carbon use and circular economy principles, the building is the cornerstone of the future energy infrastructure. Energy use in European buildings is still around 40 % of the total final energy use. Decarbonisation of power and heat are high on the agenda of EU Member States. Present initiatives by governments for a proper energy transition …. read further
Invited speakers are international experts on seven selected topics:
- Measurement for validation (in-situ and real data) – Richard Fitton, Energy House, UK
- Building simulation for future urban energy systems (IBPSA) – Nick Kelly – ESRU, UK
- Building energy related standards – CEN/ISO – Jaap Hogeling – EPB Centre, NL
- Renovation projects for buildings and cities (EPBD, EED and the building stock)– César Valmaseda – CARTIF, ES
- Renewable Energy integration (CITIES) – Henrik Madsen – DTU, DK
- Electric Vehicles integration (electrical storage) – Pete Beckman, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Urban dimension (from building to city modelling; CityGML) – Volker Coors – HfT Stuttgart, DE
During a final panel discussion, these topics will be discussed with IEA – EBC Annex 71.
These seven topics are introduced in a separate article available here.
The symposium runs from Wednesday noon till Thursday noon. It is organised in the frame of the IEA-EBC Annex 71 6th Expert meeting, 8-11 April 2019 in Bilbao.