The fifteenth issue of the DYNASTEE newsletter is now available for download.
- 25 Years Anniversary DYNASTEE
- Measuring the thermal performances of the building envelope
- CAM(B)BRIDGE – Calculation and Measurements in Buildings: Bridging the Gap
- Pre-announcement of DYNASTEE Summer School 2020
- About DYNASTEE
For the 9th time DYNASTEE will organise a Summer School in 2020 on Dynamic Calculation Methods for Building Energy Performance Assessment. More than 190 PhD students and researchers have participated to the 8 preceding Summer Schools and their enthusiastic response has made us to decide to continue organising this dedicated course.
Dates: 8 -16 September 2020; it will be 6 + 1 day for Poster presentation of participants work. The course itself will last 3 days – weekend – 3 days. We have learned that a break is very much welcomed and a social event will be organised during the break.
Venue : CIESOL at the University of Almeria, Spain
Fee : The participation fee will be announced on the www.dynastee.info web-site before the end of March
Accommodation : the organisers will announce a special booking arrangement for early registrations together with the participation fee.
What is new : Arrival during the morning of 8 September. During the afternoon of the first day a get-to-know and poster presentation is scheduled. Participants and lecturers will learn about the work and level of experience of the participants on testing and analysis. Three days will be devoted to linear regression and discrete time methods (LORD) and after the weekend 3 days devoted to continuous time methods (like CTSM-R). The course concept will remain the same as in previous years which means, about half of the time is devoted to lectures and the other half to performing exercises using benchmark data.
Departure during the afternoon/evening of Wednesday 16 September.
Feel free to contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the mailing-list and you will receive updates of the announcement.
The fourteenth issue of the DYNASTEE newsletter is now available for download.
- Outcome of the Summer School 2019 in Granada
- Outcome of the Summer School 2019 at DTU, Denmark
- IBPSA-NVL – Workshops on Quality Assurance of Simulations of Buildings and Systems
- Stakeholder survey IEA EBC Annex 71
- 12th Nordic Symposium on Building Physics, 14-17 June 2020, in Tallinn, Estonia
- Building Simulation 2021 takes place in Brugge
- About Dynastee
DYNASTEE took the initiative to organise a symposium, following the 6th Expert meeting of IEA EBC Annex 71 at the University of the Basque Country in Bilbao. The aim of the symposium was to discuss the future role of the building stock in a changing society facing the climate challenges for companies, governments, researchers and most importantly, the citizen. Seven international renowned experts were invited to present their view on the energy transition and the development of an energy infrastructure integrating information and communication technologies and renewable energies in the building stock. The result of the successful symposium, is an article in the REHVA Journal issue 3, 2019, p. 70-74 that you can find here.
The outcome of the successful symposium, including the presentations … read further
The thirteenth issue of the DYNASTEE newsletter is now available for download.
- Announcement of the Summer School 2019
- Time Series Analysis – with a focus on modelling and forecasting in energy systems
- The Building as the Cornerstone of our Future Energy Infrastructure – The importance of dynamic and real data for reliable assessment
- Thermporal: A Temporal Thermography System for Residential Energy Auditing
- 12th Nordic Symposium on Building Physics
- About DYNASTEE
After 7 very successful editions of the Summer School on “Dynamic methods for whole building energy assessment” the organisers have decided to offer, in collaboration with the University of Granada, a two-weeks doctoral course that focuses more on pragmatic application of dynamic calculation techniques, meaning that the analysis of building energy data is of high importance and can give potentially high value information to utility and end-user. The focus will be on increased complexity, presenting different approaches and application to benchmark data. Read the full text of the Announcement, the Introduction to the summer school as well as more information about the lectures.
The cost for the two-weeks Summer School is 475 Euro. In case that the participant decides to follow the course for one week, either Level 1 or Level 2, the cost is 290 Euro. Participants should do a pre-registration by sending a notification to Marta Ruiz, e-mail: email@example.com
Deadline for submission is July 25th 2019
Upon pre-registration further information will be sent about accommodation and participation fee payment procedure.
The twelfth issue of the DYNASTEE newsletter is now available for download.
- Using UAV-based RGB and thermography images to generate simulation input about envelope geometry and U-values
- Estimating occupancy heat gains from CO2 measurements
- Pulse Regulation: The Journey Towards Introducing a New Testing Method
- Data-Driven Retrofit
- About DYNASTEE
IEA EBC Annex 74 “Competition & Living Lab Platform” is organizing its 1st Open Thematic Workshop: “Solar Decathlon Building Simulation and Monitoring – Status and Perspectives”. It will be held on Friday November 16th 2018 in the Conference Tent of the SDME Solar Haii, Dubai.
The workshop will start with a reflection on methods applied for building simulation and monitoring in the past and current Solar Decathlons. The lectures and discussions aim to identify evolutions for future editions.
Registration is free and open until November 10th, 2018.
Further information (agenda, registration, etc.) is available here.
The eleventh issue of the DYNASTEE newsletter is now available for download.
- Outcome of the Summer School 2018
- Announcement of a whole model empirical validation dataset on a full-scale building including building service equipment and synthetic users
- A matched pair of test houses with synthetic occupants to investigate summertime overheating in dwellings
- Smart Meter Laboratory in Joule House
Outcome of the 7th Summer School on “Dynamic methods for whole building energy assessment” organised by the INIVE-DYNASTEE and PSA-CIEMAT in collaboration with CIESOL (Joint Centre University of Almeria-CIEMAT dedicated to research in Solar Energy and its applications), in Almería, Spain. The focus has been more on pragmatic application of developed dynamic calculation techniques to support the analysis of building energy data that is of high importance and can give potentially high value information to utilities and end-users. The focus this time has been on increased complexity and variability, and several approaches have been applied to benchmark data.
A follow-up Summer School has been discussed which may take place in Summer 2019 again in Spain. Follow our organisational progress at the DYNASTEE web-site