The DYNASTEE Symposium was held in April 28, and hosted around 40 people from across Europe to discuss how we test the real-world performance of buildings, although not a huge gathering, this was our first DYNASTEE event since the end of the Covid pandemic. It was a great chance to hear about the latest technology and methods of measuring building performance and a great time for old friends to meet and new contacts to be made. We covered the following:
- Updates on latest EU and UK legislation around BPE
- Update on the available guidance and standards around BPE
- Novel measurement of whole house heat loss
- Digital twinning using measured data
- Measurement of occupancy
- Update of work in the Energy House 2.0 facility
We hope to build on this area in the coming years, to bring people together to build networks and to discuss some genuinely novel methods that are cost effective and beneficial for clients/stakeholders in the construction sector.
DYNASTEE will certainly be doing this again next year, maybe somewhere more exotic than Salford!